Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Last Supper

ok, not the LAST last. i'm not dying or anything. but it was my last supper at home for five months! tomorrow i officially embark on this next chapter of my life. we leave at 4am. the drive is about twenty two hours long. so with a stop to sleep in utah, we should be arriving in colorado on thursday night. my stuff is all packed. goodbyes have been said.

i am ready.

will i miss home? yes, probably. it's a little scary going off on my own. (even though it's not really on my own at all) but it is away from my family, my house, my friends, my comfort zone. i teared up when my mom was giving me advice from what she learned from her ywam days. as excited as i am, i will miss my family. my dad's jokes. my mom's hugs. talking movies with zach. helping hannah and maddie pick an outfit for church. the good food. fun family fridays. ya, i'll miss it. but it's not forever, right? right.

and while i am a little sad and sentimental, i am also so anxious to just get on the road! i can't wait to meet new friends, (some that may be friends for life!) be in community with fellow believers, play some epic volleyball. i know God's got something in store for me, and it's going to be incredible.

i would appreciate your prayers for safe travel, and for all other things while i'm there! hasta la pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment